Search This Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Raul Danks

During my stay on Camino Palmero, we would have visitors who would pass through and we might never see them again, or you would see them years later in a different setting.

Raul Danks was a visitor one afternoon. I remember he had just received a new Ovation guitar, to use and show off their product. It was an unusual design for the time with the rounded oval back of the body. Raul stayed through the evening and played for us. They were kind of reminiscent of Gaelic folk songs.


Raul Danks and Stefanianna Christopherson
Some years later, when I was working in New York city, I ran across him again. He invited me up to his hotel room and we talked. He warned me against ever getting involved with the Scientologists. He said he had shown some interest, and now they wouldn’t leave him alone. He was fearful of being drawn into it. I heeded his warning and never did pay them any attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment